Sunday 9 March 2008

U turn to ??

Some days in life, a lot of people might face this - "looking back the years, what have I done? and where am I heading to?"

The lucky ones might not be bothered and say "bugger it, I do what I do. Whatever good enough now will be good enough later".

The luckier ones don't think about these and just carry on. Who cares who is the Pesident of @#$% USA? Global warming, is that why my coke ain't as cold and tasty as 10 years ago?

The unlucky ones have too much time in their hands and sometimes they stop and think. "Do I carry on like now? whats ahead for me?" The worst question they could mumble to themselves is - "Is it what it supposed to be? can I make a change, or can I change?"

This is definitely a "NO. NO". Politicians hate these thinking people. Great blessed Dictators like Chairman Mao, Saddam, Mugabe etc etc, as well as the respectable holy mullahs, took no risks and exterminated them all useless thinking scums. No good. Disturbs social order and questions authority.

Well, lucky me. I am not at the extreme of the scales, having being average for the last 38 years of my life.
unlucky me, I asked the question. "Do I want to continue doing what I m doing? Whats next?"
That had me pondering for few months. Again, being one of the average crowd who judge achievements by the 5C's, life had been, well, average.
For the un-initiated ones, 5C means Condominium, Car, Career, Credit card and Cash. The guaranteed chics magnet.

The more motivated and success minded ones go for the 5M's, our Malaysian version of the 5C but better. Bravo, Malaysia Boleh. Well, Mansion, Mercedes, Master Platinum card, Membership of Premium Clubs, and of course Multi-millionaire, silly.
Having been in the average crowd for extensive period, I sorta figure out 5M's status is reserved for the blessed ones. One needs lots of special gifts to achieve such high status. Alright, thick skin, bend over, bodek, small brain, heartless ... do i have to tell u everything?

Anyway, lets not get distracted. Thus, the light came upon me and made me pondering for months. Lots of "what if" came to my mind.
Career change is a big thing, or at least its a big thing among us average chaps. A U turn to nowhere.
Lucky me (again), I don't have too smart a brain and blessed with little wisdom. After a while, I threw the tower and said "hell with it, I can't figure out everything ahead. Do it or lose it"
After that, everything became simple and straight forward. Inquired and applied for a course in Agriculture, settled some of the annoying bills, booked the flight etc etc. Whoala! I m now the second oldest student who has least experience in my class. All other students are in their late teens or early twenties AND been on a farm before they joined the class. So what does this 38 year old, who hadn't touched a real cattle before, doing among the experienced young lads?
Well, if u have figured that out, fill me in but skip the details because my brain capacity is already on overdrive driving tractors, making fences and feeding cattle.

No comments: