Tuesday 16 June 2009

Joy of Life

Sometimes, we don’t realise the passage of time and carry on with life until we are given a gentle tap on the shoulder.
Well, I received such a delightful tap just few weeks ago.
My baby sister has her own daughter and now a mother. Little Xin Yue is indeed a bundle of joy. Even I haven’t met her yet, I m sure we will get along vey well in few weeks time when I get home

Huaaah! Me need some service here.

Now I can zzzz

We all grew and aged, like it or not. I can still remember very clearly many things that happened in our childhood. We used to call her “Bobo”, the cute little bear who always runs along side Yogi Bear in the Hanna Barbara cartoon. They always get into trouble with the ranger for stealing food from the tourists. Hahaa..

She was one cry baby, who cried at least twice a day, for whatever reason.
I used to walk her to the kinder garden at the Fairpark church. At home, she would sing to us the children songs she had learnt at school.
In fact, I can still remember a few of them. Like “Pearly shells, by the ocean, shining in the sunlight….”, “one two three four five, once I caught a fish alive, but then I let it go again, why did u like it go, because it bit my finger so…” and “rain rain go away, come again another day…”

Time flew and the next time I went home, she was already a young girl in her last teen years. I can still remember that time when she cried quietly before me after her first break up. Really broke my heart.

And the next time I went home, it was her wedding. For the first time in my life, I had to give away red packet for a sip of Chinese tea. Everyone in the family was happy and we went to Bahau to attend the wedding dinner.

This time I go home, I will be greeted by my baby sister and her little baby. How nice. Life ain’t too bad.

No comments: